If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A wonderful recipe from my hungarian grandmother Oma ... —Miss Maryann
- 6 pounds Short Ribs
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Flour for dusting
- 1 Yellow Onion stuck w/2 cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 cup Dry Sherry
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Butter
- Add the olive oil to a large dutch oven & in a bowl put ribs & flour salt & pepper rolling them around to coat them put all with the extra flour out of the bottom of the bowl into the oiled dutch oven bring to medium high heat & brown them add rest of ingredients cover lower heat to low or simmer & cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours checking on them to turn halfway through. when tender & done add parsley & butter cover & let melt a few minutes while dishing up plates. serve with mashed potatoes for soaking up the juices & steamed broccoli for color ;) Delicious !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Short Ribs