Our well-marbled Miyazakigyu Wagyu steak is marinated in dark brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and minced garlic before being seared. The juicy slices of steak are drizzled with sauce and served with jasmine rice. This rich, sweet, and savory dish is perfect for dinner for two! Try this recipe today! —Double8Cattle
- Prep time 4 hours
- Cook time 30 minutes
- Serves 2
Double 8 Cattle Company Miyazakigyu Wagyu Coulotte (Picanha) Steak
Lime Juice (divided)
1 1/2 tablespoons
Dark Brown Sugar
- Tools - Small Bowl, Small Casserole Dish, Small Sauce Pan, Cast Iron Skillet
- FIRST STEP Take the Miyazakigyu Wagyu coulotte (picanha) steak out of the freezer, and place it in the refrigerator 24 hours before starting this recipe.
- PREPARING THE MARINADE Mix the fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and minced garlic in a small bowl. Place the Miyazakigyu Wagyu coulotte steak in a small casserole dish, and pour the marinade over the top. Gently massage in the marinade, and place the steak/casserole dish in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Pull the marinated Miyazakigyu Wagyu steak from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking. While the steak is sitting out at room temperature, prepare the rice.
- PREPARING THE RICE Bring the water and kosher salt up to a boil in a small sauce pan. Once the water is boiling, add in the jasmine rice and stir. Bring it back up to a simmer, and cover the sauce pan with a lid. Reduce the temperature to low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until there is no liquid remaining. Keep the sauce pan covered until ready to serve the rice.
- PREPARING THE VIETNAMESE SUGAR STEAK Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add in 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil. Once the oil is slightly smoking, take the Miyazakigyu Wagyu steak from the marinade, and place it in the cast iron skillet. NOTE: Reserve the remaining marinade in the casserole dish. Sear the steak for 3 minutes on both sides. Let the cooked steak rest for 10 minutes. Then, slice the steak against the grain into half-inch-thick slices. In a small sauce pan, heat the marinade up to a boil. Once the marinade is boiling, add in the 2 tablespoons of butter. Turn off the heat, and add in 1 tablespoon of lime juice. This is your sauce.
- FINAL STEPS Plate the sliced Miyazakigyu Wagyu sugar steak and rice. Drizzle the sauce over the steak, and garnish with diced scallions. Serve, and enjoy!