I found this recipe in my mom's recipe box. Her family is part Hungarian, so I assume this is a family recipe. The recipe calls for beef (boneless beef round, 3/4-inch thick) but I prefer it with chicken.
I found this recipe in my mom's recipe box. Her family is part Hungarian, so I assume this is a family recipe. The recipe calls for beef (boneless beef round, 3/4-inch thick) but I prefer it with chicken.—rbillow
pound Fresh mushrooms
cups Chopped Onion
clove Garlic, minced
teaspoon Ground Pepper
Chicken Bouillon Cube
cup Half and Half
cup Sour Cream
pound Hot buttered noodles
- Cut the chicken into slices or bite-sized chunks. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt 2 T butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove mushroom mixture from skillet.
- Melt remaining 2 T butter in same skillet, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in mushroom mixture, paprika, bouillon cube, and 1 c water.
- Cook over high heat until mixture boils, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Combine half-and-half and flour in a jar. Cover and shake until blended.
- Stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir some of the hot mixture into sour cream.
- Stir sour cream mixture back into remaining hot mixture.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until hot (do not boil).
- Serve over noodles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika