If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dinner would probably not be considered a salad, but it sure was influenced by apple salad week. It turned out to be pretty tasty as a result. —Sagegreen
- 4 ounces pork tenderloin braised in Calvados with sage
- 1/2 Idaho baked potato
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- splash of cider vinegar
- splash of apple cider
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 turns of a pepper mill
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 apple
- 1 tablespoon peeled ginger
- small handful of toasted pecans
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- In a heated braising pan add the cooked tenderloin cut into bite-size pieces, the baked potato diced up, the quartered fresh tomato, and the red onion with a splash of the vinegar and cider. Season with salt and pepper.
- When this has heated, add the fresh spinach. Serve as soon as the spinach gently wilts. Using a mandolin slice the apple and ginger on top. Add the toasted pecans and a squeeze of lemon. Be sure to serve this on one of your favorite dinner plates.