- Prep time 1 hour
- Serves 12
What is there to say about this stunner? It's literally foolproof? Yep. It takes only minutes to put together? Sure. That it's a perfect symphony of creamy ice creams, crunchy banana chips, and melt-in-your-mouth cookies? Totally. That it layers fresh banana, sweet vanilla bean, and marshmallow-y whipped cream? Totally. That there isn't a kid, an adult, a middle-aged-still-can't-decide-what-to-be-when-they-grow-up-adult/kid that won't fall off their chair at first bite? That's it. —Finchly
vanilla bean ice cream, homemade or store-bought
banana ice cream, homemade or store-bought
instant vanilla pudding mix
Ritz or other buttery crackers
bag of dried banana chips
marshmallow or plain whipped cream
- This recipe is a perfect example of how mise en place helps you quickly and easily pull together a recipe. Have all your ingredients out and ready to go. Let the ice creams soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes but don't let it melt much more than that. When ice cream melts and then refreezes, it can make the texture icy. Homemade ice creams are perfect in this recipe because you can skip the softening step all together. If you'd like to make your own, there are a few easy recipes on my site.
- I use a 9-inch springform pan for this recipe but the sky's the limit on what pan you can use. If using something other than a springform, line it with parchment for easy removal.
- Evenly spread the crushed crackers on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the vanilla ice cream on top of the crushed crackers.
- Cover the top of the vanilla ice cream layer with Nilla cookies. Break up some cookies into smaller bits and use to fill the spaces in between the whole cookies.
- Spread the prepared vanilla pudding on top of the cookie layer.
- Cover the top of the vanilla pudding layer with Nilla cookies. Break up some cookies into smaller bits and use to fill the spaces in between the whole cookies.
- Spread the banana ice cream on top of the cookie later. If you have leftover Nilla cookies, crush and sprinkle on top of the banana ice cream.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the prepared cake and put back into the freezer to set- about an hour but you can make ahead and let it hang out in the freezer for a few days.
- When ready to serve, run a sharp knife around the side of the springform and release the sides. Top with heaping mounds of marshmallow whipped cream and decorate with banana chips. If you'd like to make marshmallow whipped cream, there's an easy recipe on my site.