- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour
- Serves 12
This cake is a fun twist on a mango lassi but if passion fruit is a pain to find, feel free to swap out with mango puree. Also swappable- the coconut whipped cream. Plain whipped cream, store-bought whipped cream- even Cool Whip- works perfectly well.
unsalted butter, room temperature
yogurt, plain or vanilla
dry milk powder, optional
1 1/2 teaspoons
plain or coconut whipped cream
Passion fruit puree, homemade or store-bought
Candied or fresh mint leaves, for decoration, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until very, very, very well combined. Like 5+ minutes.
- Add the bowl of eggs, yogurt, and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar. Mix until combined while stopping to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the batter and mix on low speed until combined. Stop to scrape the sides and mix for another few seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake for roughly 60 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a cake tester or toothpick or clean skewer comes out clean. Remove and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. After about 5 minutes, remove the cake from the pan and let cool completely on a rack.
- Once cooled, carefully slice the cake into thirds. Place the bottom layer on your serving platter and top with a third of the coconut whipped cream. Add the second layer of cake and repeat with another third of coconut whipped cream. Finish with the top layer of cake and the remaining coconut whipped cream.
- Drizzle the top of the cake with the passion fruit puree and decorate with mint leaves.