If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: you can make it super yummy with smoked sausage or keep it light with turkey smoked sausage, also 2 lbs. of processed cheese or, for a lighter option, low fat milk processed cheese...the sour cream can be reduced fat. This takes only 15 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes cooking time so it's hot and ready just in time for the Super Bowl. —susanmburns
- 16 ounces skinless smoked sausage, cut into small 1/4 inch triangle pieces
- 2 pounds processed cheese, cubed
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chili peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- tortilla, pita or bagel chips
- combine smoked sausage, processed cheese, tomatoes and cumin in a large saucepan; mix well.
- heat mixture over low heat until melted and hot, stirring occasionally.
- add sour cream and cilantro; stir well.
- heat through and transfer to a medium-sized slow cooker on low heat.
- serve with tortilla, pita or bagel chips. Dip may be served in a large bowl at room temperature for up to two hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip