Author Notes: you can make it super yummy with smoked sausage or keep it light with turkey smoked sausage, also 2 lbs. of processed cheese or, for a lighter option, low fat milk processed cheese...the sour cream can be reduced fat. This takes only 15 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes cooking time so it's hot and ready just in time for the Super Bowl. —susanmburns
ounces skinless smoked sausage, cut into small 1/4 inch triangle pieces
pounds processed cheese, cubed
ounces diced tomatoes with green chili peppers, drained
teaspoons ground cumin
cup sour cream
cup chopped cilantro
tortilla, pita or bagel chips
- combine smoked sausage, processed cheese, tomatoes and cumin in a large saucepan; mix well.
- heat mixture over low heat until melted and hot, stirring occasionally.
- add sour cream and cilantro; stir well.
- heat through and transfer to a medium-sized slow cooker on low heat.
- serve with tortilla, pita or bagel chips. Dip may be served in a large bowl at room temperature for up to two hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip