Author Notes: Although not necessarily a "dip," I think a classic cheese ball qualifies because if you're impolite or just really hungry, you can put your cracker right in the ball. This recipe came as a child of the necessity of invention as I was asked to do a cheeseball for a function that tasted like one my mom had made using a pre-assembled spice mix, but we didn't have any of the spice mix left. So, the recipe that follows is what we came up with, and it was a hit and was requested at every holiday party we had this season. —bexcahlik
Serves: a lot! at least 10
ounces Cream Cheese, softened
ounces White Cheddar Cheese, shredded and at room temperature
tablespoons Chipotle Pepper Marinade Seasoning (dry, I used McCormick Grill Mates)
handful Dried Cranberries (or Dried Cherries, or pecans; your preference)
- Shred cheddar cheese and set aside to soften.
- After the cheese has sufficiently softened, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and seasoning together (your hand may be your best utensil for this) until the mixture is smooth and the seasoning has been evenly distributed throughout.
- Spread the dried cranberries on wax paper. Form the cheese mixture into a ball and roll it on the cranberries, covering the ball with the cranberries. Wrap the finished ball in plastic wrap and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, vegetables, etc, and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip