Author Notes: Olives, hummus, what's not to love? Kalamata olives give this hummus a sweet and briny punch, plus an interesting color. —NeelNPatel
15 oz can chickpeas (drained)
cup pitted kalamata olives (rough chop)
2 cloves garlic
small handful flat leaf parsley (rough chop)
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons tahini paste
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
freshly cracked black pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon
2-3 tablespoons water (optional:for thinning)
In This Recipe
- Drain one can chick peas.
- Chop garlic, parsley, and olives. Reserve.
- Transfer ingredients to food processor and add olive oil, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and tahini paste.
- Puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add optional water for thinning. Pulse, and garnish with few sliced olives and flat leaf parsley. Serve with toasted pita or bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip