If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have made this salsa more times in my life than any other recipe. One reason why is that I personally find the chopping to be really relaxing, but this salsa is also very versatile - serve it as a dip, on grilled fish or chicken, or with tacos. You'll want to pick an avocado that is not overly ripe, or it won't hold its shape as well when its cut and turn to mush —VanessaS
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 mango, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup pineapple, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced and ground into paste with a pinch of salt
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced serrano pepper (seeds can be removed for a milder salsa)
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and gently toss. Add salt just before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip