If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe to use as a dip as well as for turkey sandwiches or BLTs. My young daughters even like it! —Andria
- 1 piece bacon, thick cut
- 1 sweet onion (med size), diced
- 1/2 green apple, cored and diced, seperated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp or warmed up to soften
- 1 big dashes ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons milk (whole)
- In large saute pan cook bacon to extra crispy. Remove to paper towel to drain and crumble once cool. Keep bacon grease in pan.
- Add diced onion to pan and cook on low/med heat until carmelized.
- Add 2/3 of green apple and continue to cook a few minutes on low heat until soft.
- Add cooked mixture as well as next 5 ingredients (not remaining diced apple and bacon) to food processor or use hand blender. Blend until fairly smooth.
- Add remaining uncooked diced apple and bacon and mix by hand.
- Enjoy warm with salted chips, veggies or crusty bread!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip