If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Awesome! A tangy, cheesy dip that goes with anything - from corn, pita, or potato chips to carrot, celery, red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and chicken tenders or hot wings. This recipe is a thick version of my salad dressing; one that was created after reading many recipes. It is always a crowd pleaser, a big hit with both adults and kids. —lapadia
Makes: about 3/4 cup
2 ½ ounces blue cheese, crumbled (I like Rosenborg)
3 tablespoons buttermilk
1 large pressed garlic clove
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
Salt and white pepper to taste
Note: Use the light version sour cream and/or mayonnaise if you prefer
- Mash blue cheese, buttermilk, pressed garlic, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl with a fork until the mixture resembles creamy cottage cheese with small curds.
- Stir in the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight…the taste develops as it sits.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to one week.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip