If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I broke up with a fellow after stocking his kitchen with ingredients. He asked what he'd do with a cupboard full of spices - this was my suggestion. —Rochelle Bilow
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 points star anise
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 orange peel, cut into strips
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil, along with the star anise, cinnamon and orange peel.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, stir to combine. As soon as the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat.
- Let cool to room temperature. The syrup will thicken. Strain out the spices and orange peel.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.