If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes: quite a bit
cup unsalted butter
cups all-purpose flour
cup 10X sugar
teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoons dried lavender bulbs
- The day before you plan on making the cookies, brown the butter, Put it in a stainless steel skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally. Once melted cook a few minutes more; the butter will start to give off a nutty smell and turn a shade of goldish-brown. Remove from heat before it burns (you’ll know if it does), put in a clean container and refrigerate to re-solidify.
- Beat until smooth and creamy. (I’d recommend a stand mixer, but since I don’t have one, I use an electric hand mixer.) Add the salt and sugar and beat until incorporated and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and lavender.
- Beat in the flour on a low-speed, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Remover from the mixing bowl and flatten into a disc. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate at least an hour, or until firm.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a cutter of any shape (I like bunnies), cut cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and refrigerate once more, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake until slightly browned at the edges; about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and re-locate to cooling trays.