Author Notes: This recipe is really easy to throw together since it relies on pantry staples (aka stuff that fits into a college student's budget). The balsamic vinegar adds a little sweetness without being too overbearing. It's good with pita chips or crudite and also makes a tasty sandwich spread. —StephanieSays
Makes: 1.5 cups
ounces can of white beans (Cannellini or Northern are good)
tablespoons pesto sauce (homemade if you have it)
tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
teaspoon lemon zest
tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- Drain the beans and rinse them off.
- Pour them into a blender or food processor and mix them until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and again mix until well combined.
- Add a little water, a few tablespoons at a time, if the dip is too thick.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip