If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love going out for breakfast, but my husband doesn't do mornings, so I tend to make breakfast for dinner once in awhile. I love the potato skillets that you can get at diners, but they tend to be overly greasy and filled with too much cheese. So I decided to make a healthier version at home. I exchanged the russets for sweet potatoes and put in a heavy dose of sweet Spanish paprika. I top mine with an over easy egg and put just a few curls of shaved Parmesan for saltiness and flavor. This is one of my go-to comfort meals when the weather starts to cool down. Happy Eating! —jonewman
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes, Diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 3 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms, Steams Removed, Sliced
- 4 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Spanish Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- Shaved Parmesan to Taste
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Put olive oil into a large skillet over medium - high heat. Add sweet potatoes, paprika, pepper and a heavy sprinkle of salt to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Now add the crushed garlic, yellow onions, red bell pepper and shiitake mushrooms. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through. Once cooked through, put on low heat till eggs are done.
- In a separate pan, cook your eggs one at a time. I cooked them over easy, but any style will do.
- Once the eggs are cooked, turn off the heat on the sweet potato hash. Divide the hash onto four plates. Top each plate of hash with one of the eggs and sprinkle a touch of paprika onto each egg. Sprinkle the shaved Parmesan over the top of the egg and hash and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika