I've made shrimp-and-grits for years, and it's one of my favorite hurry-up weeknight meals or the centerpiece for a weekend brunch. That said, I see no real reason why it couldn't be served over pasta -- maybe a fettucine, maybe a linguine? Here's one of my stand-by recipes for the shrimp and sauce. —Kayb
- Serves 2
onion, finely minced
garlic cloves, finely minced
hot sauce of your choice (Crystal, Louisiana, Tabasco, Pick-A-Peppa)
linguine or fettucine
chopped green onion
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel and devein shrimp, rinse, and set aside.
- Put pasta on to cook in boiling salted water.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and saute onions and garlic until soft. Add tomato paste and hot sauce. Add shrimp and saute 1 minute, then add white wine.
- When wine is reduced by half, remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet; toss lightly with sauce. Serve garnished with chopped green onions.