If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
It wasn't until i moved to RI that i discovered the lovely combination of littlenecks and pasta.
It wasn't until i moved to RI that i discovered the lovely combination of littlenecks and pasta.—bettybites
teaspoon anchovy paste
cloves garlic (depending on how much you like...i like a lot!)
cup dry white wine
cup clam juice
olive oil to saute garlic
couple pinches of crushed red pepper
salt and pepper
good parm cheese
- chop or press garlic cloves and set aside
- cook pasta in salted water until al dente or just under...don't overcook
- when pasta is done, drain and reserve some cooking liquid, set aside
- meanwhile, saute garlic in a little olive oil just for a minute
- add anchovy paste, crushed red, salt and pepper to taste and saute a bit more making sure garlic doesn't burn
- add wine and clam juice. you can also just use wine or just clam juice, or a little less of each. My quantities are on the high end so as to have enough sauce for all that pasta!
- add rinsed littleneck clams and bring temp to med/med-high and cover for 7 minutes...no peeking!
- If you cooked the pasta under, you can give it a toss with the hot necks and sauce, otherwise I plate the pasta first, and when the clams are done i place 6 around the outer edges of the pasta bowl, then pour sauce over pasta. Garnish with parsley and fresh grated parm chz
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta