If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The inspiration for this recipe came from two places - the beautiful summer local peaches on the North Shore of Massachusetts and a Bon Appetit recipe for peach and cardamon pie. I was out of eggs, however, so no crust was being made in this house today. So I decided to devise the below recipe based on what I had in the house. I love crisps or crumbles actually a tad more than pies, anyway. I find they make the fruit, the star in the recipe, stand out just a little bit more. —lighterandlocal
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash cinnamon
- 4 peaches, sliced
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a food processor combine all topping ingredients and pulse several times, until mixture had a consistency of sand. If you don't have a food processor, combine all dry ingredients and then cut butter in with two knives, until you reach the right consistency. Set aside in fridge.
- Combine sliced peaches, brown and white sugars, lemon juice and cardamon and cinnamon.
- Pour fruit into a greased 8-inch square pan, sprinkle topping over fruit and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom