Author Notes: Spanish hot chocolate with an East Indian twist. —rciccia
teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
teaspoon Cornstarch (dissolved in small amount of water)
cup Heavy Cream
ounces Semisweet Chocolate Chips
In This Recipe
- Peel Cardamom. Reserve hulls. Grind cardamom seeds in to fine powder and set aside.
- In a sauce pan bring 2 cups water to a boil, with Cardamom hulls.
- Remove cardamom hulls.
- Add chocolate chips and cream to boiling water. Allow to dissolve completely.
- Add in cornstarch and whisk vigorously.
- Add cinnamon and ground cardamom seeds. As mixture rises to the top of the sauce pan, remove from heat, pour into cups and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom