If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious recipe for my gluten-free sweet potato macadamia brownies with a touch of cardamom. Enjoy! —TheHealthyApple
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, ground
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup semi sweet vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine sweet potatoes, vegan butter and sugar. Cook over medium heat; bring to a boil and stir for 7 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 the mixture; transfer to a mixing bowl to cool. Add baking soda and sea salt; mix well. Transfer mixture to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add cardamom, macadamia nuts, chocolate chips and coconut to stove top sweet potato mixture; mix well. Drizzle over cooked portion. Bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- Slice into brownie bites. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom