If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite (and easiest) things to make are flavored syrups from scratch! This was the first flavored syrup I made. It's sweet and makes you feel warm inside. It's great over waffles or pancakes on cold winter days!
It's a bit give or take on the Cinnamon and Amaretto because everyone's tastebuds are different. Experiment with different amounts to suit your taste, but don't go crazy or the flavors in your syrup will be too strong!! —TheFriendlyFoodieGirl
Makes about a cup to a cup and a half
dash of Cinnamon
splashes of Amaretto
- Combine water and sugar in medium sized sauce pan
- Turn heat onto high and bring to a boil while stirring constantly
- Once mixture has been brought to a boil turn heat down to simmer and add cinnamon and amaretto.
- Turn heat up to medium and stir until syrup thickens slightly.
- Allow to cool a bit before serving. Extra syrup can be stored in an airtight container once it has cooled.