Author Notes: A simple and delicious recipe that can changed and adapted for whatever fruits you have in the house! —Chef Merlin
pound Butter (1 Stick)
Cold Water (Use sparringly to bind dough together)
Apples (cored and sliced)
cup Sugar (Plus, extra spoonful to dust crust)
cup Pecans (diced)
Honey (just a drizzle)
teaspoon Lemon Juice
In This Recipe
- Combine all ingredients for the dough, except the water, into the food processor. Pulse until the butter is fully incorporated into the dry ingredients. Depending on how dry the dough is, drizzle in cold water and continue to pulse until dough forms a solid ball.
- Once in a ball, wrap dough in plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow flavors to infuse one another.
- Once chilled, remove dough and roll out into a large circular shape. Pour the filling onto the rolled out dough evenly, leaving a 1-2 inch ring of dough along the outside. Fold ring of dough towards the center to create the crust of the crostada.
- Brush the crust of the crostada with an egg wash (lightly beaten egg) and sprinkle with sugar.
- In a 450 degree oven, place crostada on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat and cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown.