If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the first serious meal that I cooked for my first serious boyfriend. He did not dump me - though a year later when I dumped him his mother asked me for the recipe. —MakeThatMakeThis
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups stoned ready soaked prunes
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- 3/4 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup capers
- 4 bay leaves
- 10 chicken joints (2 chickens, chopped)
- 1/2 bottle of white wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Zest of an orange
- 1 handful parsley
- Combine vinegar, juice, oil, fruit, olives, capers and seasonings.
- Pour over chicken pieces and refrigerate overnight
- Preheat over to 350F
- Place chicken in baking dish with the marinade, sprinkle over the brown sugar and pour in enough wine to nearly cover the chicken.
- Bake for 40 mins until chicken is juicy and tender
- Add a handful of parsley and zest over fresh orange before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives