If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the only thing my dad's mother makes well. Sorry, B, it just is. But that means you always have room for Banana Pudding! And it's the best; I know, I know, I've been to Magnolia, I live in New York, but this is better, despite it's bizzarre, almost truck stop ingredients and techniques. A spray of Pam? Right on. She does insist that you use a name brand of vanilla wafers, though, because the store brands get too mushy. So that's a bit classy. —PeachyCallahan
Serves 6-8, more if you're a good cook and they actually ate their dinner.
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 spray butter flavored pan coating
- 2 1/3 cups milk
- 1 box Vanilla wafers
- 2 bananas, sliced
- cool whip
- Blend pudding powder, vanilla flavoring, sugar, pan coating, and milk in a blender til smooth, (a hand mixer is also acceptable).
- Dump vanilla wafers into a bowl. Don't arrange them prettily, just dump. It is seriously better this way.
- Dump banana slices on top of cookies.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the cookies and top with Cool Whip. Refrigerate until serving time. It's really best if made the day ahead.