If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I woke up thinking about buttermilk cookies. I have never tasted a buttermilk cookie and have never seen a recipe for such a cookie. It was just a dream that I decided I needed to make come true. —dymnyno
Serves makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Whisk together the butter and the sugars.(You can use a stand mixer)
- Add the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add 1 cup of the walnuts and mix.
- Spoon drop the cookies on a silcone or parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle and press extra walnuts on each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.