Author Notes: I used store bough pesto and pizza dough, but if you have the time, home made would be even better. I used 3 types of cheeses to add some diversity and at the last minute cracked two eggs on the pizza. Delicious! —Megan Mitchell
Makes: 1 pizza
cup White Aged Cheddar
cup Italian Fontina
cup Manchego Cheese
Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 430 and lightly dust a cookie sheet with flour.
- On a lightly floured surface roll pizza dough into a rectangle or whatever shape you desire. Transfer dough to cookie sheet.
- Evenly spread the pesto all over the pizza. Even to the edges, not leaving a border.
- Begin grating the cheese with a Microplane zester/grater over the pizza. Do this with all three cheeses.
- Make 2-4 small wells in the cheese and crack 1 egg in each well. Salt and pepper the eggs. It is best to use fresh eggs in this recipe so the whites don't spread too much.
- Place pizza in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you like your pizza. The cheese should be bubbly and the egg whites should be set but the yolks will still be runny.