If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite cake.This we made for Solomon Family from South Africa for her birthday —pauljoseph
- For the cake:
- 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Whipped cream:
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 5 tsp sugar
- Sugar syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp any good brandy or rum
- Ingredients for assembling the cake
- 1 can cherries
- bitter sweet dark chocolate crumbs/shavings
- Cut the cake horizontally into 3-4 pieces.
- Take one piece on cake board. Spread the sugar syrup. Spread cream on top.
- Spread few chopped cherries.
- Keep the next cake layer on top.
- Spread syrup, cream, cherries. Continue till all the cake pieces are done.
- Press down the cake lightly. Spread the remaining cream on top and on the sides.
- decorate with cherry halves and chocolate crumbs/shavings. chilled and serve..