If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad was a result of my first month in the Charcutepalooza community. This month was the salt cure & making bacon. —Mairi @ Toast
For the salad
- 8-12 rashers of bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 handfuls salad leaves
- 2 apples, cored & sliced
- 1 cup goat's cheese, crumbled
For the dressing
- 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons runny honey
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon over a medium heat until crisp. Set aside.
- While the bacon is frying make the dressing, just mix together the lemon juice & honey.
- Toss together the salad leaves, apple and bacon with a little of the dressing. Just enough to lightly coat all the leaves. Divide equally on to 4 plates.
- Crumble the goat's cheese over the top and serve immediately.