Author Notes: How about a pudding that even nursery school children can help make. This involves no baking or cooking, no not even a thickening agent, just simple, honest ingredients. And what is more, it is even good for you! —vegetarianirvana
cup homemade strained yogurt or labneh [or Fage 2% strained yogurt]
tablespoon orange juice, fresh or otherwise
tablespoon unsweetened pure cocoa powder
tablespoon icing sugar
few candied orange peels [optional] for decoration.
- whisk the first four ingredients to a smooth homogenous consistancy.
- Refrigerate for an hour to set. [Though if the strained yogurt and OJ are cold you can dig in right away!.]
- Serve topped with candied orange peel if using. Ta Da that simple!
- This recipe adapts well to changes in the amount of cocoa, sugar or OJ, as long as you keep it to a gooey pudding consistancy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding