If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Based on the classic Irish cream and coffee, this variation of a basic vanilla panna cotta uses chopped, espresso-flavored chocolate (Green & Black's organic), Bailey’s Irish cream and fresh mint leaves. If you don't have espresso-flavored chocolate (I found mine at the front of an organic grocery store), use coffee syrup and any sort of dark chocolate you might like. —charitydinner
Makes 12 mini cupcake-sized puddings
cup heavy cream
cup Irish cream (I used Bailey's)
fresh mint leaves, torn
cup whole milk
teaspoon unflavored gelatin
pinches kosher salt
1/2 bar Green & Black’s organic espresso chocolate, 67%, chopped
- Put the heavy cream and Irish cream in a saucepan and place over low heat. Add the torn mint leaves and whisk to combine. Allow the cream to infuse for about 25 minutes (whisk occasionally, never letting it boil). Remove from heat and strain into a glass bowl.
- Pour the 1/3 cup whole milk into a different saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk and let it sit for 5 minutes to bloom.
- Place the milk mixture over low heat and cook for about 5 minutes, until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the cream mixture, sugar, honey, vanilla and salt. Let the mix cook for about 5 minutes, being careful that it doesn’t start to boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the chopped espresso chocolate until the cream is smooth.
- Pour into a measuring cup. Pour into mini cupcake cups in a mini-cupcake pan (the panna cotta is rich, so smaller portions can be more user-friendly).
- Place the pan in the fridge and let it sit for at least two hours, or until set (longer if using larger containers). To turn the cups out onto a plate, run a butter knife around the edge of the baking cup, and flip it onto a plate. If you’re in a rush, or are turning all the cups out at once, throw them in the freezer for 10 minutes before you turn.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding