cups whipping cream
lemons, juice and zest of
lemon, juice of
cup granulated sugar
In This Recipe
- Bring to a simmer over low heat the whipping cream.
- Add the sugar and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes
- Take off the heat and add the juice and zest of 2 lemons. It should start to thicken almost immediately.
- Taste and add more lemon juice if not tart enough. It should taste sweet, creamy and tart at the same time.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then spoon into serving dishes or stemware if you are using this as your serving medium.
- Cover the surface with cling film to stop a skin from forming and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight to allow to set.
- Serve with plain butter cookies or shortbreads.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding