If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A drink so versatile so tasty so healthy! What more could one ask for?
I make this in many flovors besides banana: Blueberry, Raspberry, Mango and Peach are my other favorites.
I purchased live kefir grains on Amazon. You add fresh milk and let them ferment the milk- sort of like yogurt only much more healthy organisms!
I set my grains into a 1 quart canning jar on the counter with the cover on for 2-3 days, then the jar can be strained and used right away or you can sit it in fridge until you feel like straining and using the kefir. —kristy49
Makes 4 1 cup servings
- 1 1-2 inch or so kefir grain
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 16 ounces whole milk not skin or lowfat
- Strain the grains from the kefir to reuse indefinetely to make more kefir. Set aside.
- Place kefir and bananas and agave or honey into blender and puree on high until smooth
- Refrigerate in glass jar or bottle and drink some every day!
- Reuse the grins by adding them to the cleaned quart jar with milk to the rim.. repeat recipe over and over and over forever!