Author Notes: A drink so versatile so tasty so healthy! What more could one ask for?
I make this in many flovors besides banana: Blueberry, Raspberry, Mango and Peach are my other favorites.
I purchased live kefir grains on Amazon. You add fresh milk and let them ferment the milk- sort of like yogurt only much more healthy organisms!
I set my grains into a 1 quart canning jar on the counter with the cover on for 2-3 days, then the jar can be strained and used right away or you can sit it in fridge until you feel like straining and using the kefir. —kristy49
Makes 4 1 cup servings
- 1 1-2 inch or so kefir grain
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 16 ounces whole milk not skin or lowfat
- Strain the grains from the kefir to reuse indefinetely to make more kefir. Set aside.
- Place kefir and bananas and agave or honey into blender and puree on high until smooth
- Refrigerate in glass jar or bottle and drink some every day!
- Reuse the grins by adding them to the cleaned quart jar with milk to the rim.. repeat recipe over and over and over forever!