I sometimes find recipes by googling "Best _____ Recipe Ever." I wanted to find a great oatmeal cookie recipe and I found one my family really liked. So I started tweaking it over the successive batches and came up with these. In my book, you can never have enough cinnamon . . . —Sadassa_Ulna
- Makes 30 or so small cookies
butter, out of fridge for 20 min.
cold-pressed palm oil*
eggs, well beaten*
quick rolled oats (or old-fashioned rolled, but not instant)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour into a medium bowl with salt, baking, and cinnamon.
- Cream butter with sugars in a large bowl until fluffy, add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture; mix until thoroughly incorporated. Add oats.
- Drop by teaspoon onto parchment-lined (or greased) cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, rotating sheets and switching racks at the midpoint.
- * My mother always made oatmeal cooking with criso to make them extra crunchy. I like to think that cold-pressed, unrefined, organic (yadda yadda) shortening is healthier, but crisco shortening will work. Or use a total of 3/4 cup butter and omit the shortening.
- ** If using sweeter Vietnamese cinnamon than perhaps cut it to 1-1/2 tsp.