Author Notes: This is the traditional method of my family from India. —Mamamia
gallon skim milk
tablespoons good quality yogurt
In This Recipe
- Boil milk in a large vessel that can accommodate overflow (just in case).
- Allow it to cool completely. It won't sour if just left out for a few hours. Just leave it, run errands, have dinner, etc. until it cools completely. If it doesn't cool completely, the yogurt will be sour.
- Take two tablespoons of good, regular, non-Greek yogurt, and mix it with the boiled milk until completely diluted.
- Pour into small glass containers, or into a large pyrex (can be scooped out for smaller portions).
- Place in oven at 100 degrees for 4 hours or overnight until set.