If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This summer my boyfriend and I traveled up the coast of California by car. We drove from San Diego to Vancouver, stopping in all big cities on the way and a lot of small ones too. We tasted award winning clam chowder at the pike place market in Seattle and enjoyed plantain chips on a terrace in Vancouver. But there was another food type I was happily surprised with… the burger having a bad reputation in my kitchen as a fast food, an anti culinary food, unhealthy and fattening, gained new recognition in the many varieties I met it on my way. I particularly liked the fish burgers; so I took the idea back home and started to experiment. It is quite simple but so tasty. —Janneke Verheij
- 1 pound minced salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons fine bulgur
- 1 egg
- 1/4 finely chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons chili sauce
- fine polenta
- pepper and salt
- Mix the salmon, cilantro, bulgur, red onion, chili sauce, egg, pepper and salt. Put in the fridge for 10/15 minutes so the bulgur can soak up the liquids and make the mixture firmer. The mixture will stay quiet wet but that is alright, just handle it very light with your hands.
- Put the polenta on a plate, form the burgers and dip all the sides in the polenta so the burger is completely covered.
- Bake the burger in sun flower oil until golden.