If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is a first for everything. I have never made quiche before and this was my first. There were many quiches to come but for brunches or a even a light dinner I always go back to my beloved first quiche.
Smoked salmon, leeks and goat cheese come together in a beautiful harmony that gives a slight reminder of lox, eggs and onions (which was a favorite brunch item of mine at NYC's Blue Water Grill where they would put a mound of cream cheese in the middle, yum.) The ingredients sit in a light egg custard in a most decadent cream cheese crust.
Seconds anyone? —bethmichelle
Cream Cheese Crust
cup whole wheat flour
ounces cream cheese
cup butter (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine all ingredients for pie crust and mix on medium-low speed until it forms a dough.
- Form dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out into a 9 inch quiche pan.
- Prick bottom dough all over with a fork
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes.
ounces smoked salmon, cut into pieces
medium leek, chopped
ounces goat chees, crumbled
cups half and half
- Scatter the salmon, leeks and goat cheese over the bottom of the partially baked crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, yolks, and half and half. Add salt, pepper and combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the salmon, leek and cheese mixture in the pie shell.
- Bake until the top is golden, and set in the middle, about 40 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)