DIY Carne Asada Kit
+ $ shipping surcharge
Expected back in stock .
Notify me when it's back
Thanks! We'll email you when it's available again.
Marinate on this.
Carne asada is thinly sliced, marinated steak -- often served in tacos or over rice. Achieve a deeply flavorful, authentic dish with this kit (designed exclusively for Food52!) of all the tools and spices you need -- plus spices to use on chicken if you prefer, and a griddle for heating tortillas. The kit includes the following:
- Two Tanya Ernst Leather Pot Holders: Leather and suede pot holders to handle your griddle and grille (7 1/2" x 7 1/2" each)
- Outset Jackson Verde Tongs: A pair of long bamboo and steel tongs makes flipping and cooking meat easy (18" long)
- Outset Jackson Steel Grille: Set this rectangular steel grille over a grill or flame to cook onions and sliced vegetables -- it's perfect for smaller diced produce that would fall through slats of a larger grill (11" x 17", 2 pounds)
- Enameled Tortilla Griddle: Heat up tortillas on this enameled steel round -- it also works nicely for warming up pre-cooked vegetables (weighs 13.4 ounces)
- Carne Asada Spice: This blend of sea salt, black pepper, garlic, and parsley is the ideal match for steak (2 ounce jar)
- Pollo Asado Spice: For chicken or white meats, use this spice blend of sea salt, black pepper, parsley, garlic, and chicken flavor base (2 ounce jar)
Photography by James Ransom
Details & Materials -
Care & Notes -
Spices are best within 1 year of purchase. Hand wash the tongs, griddle, and grille. Machine wash the pot holders, and let them air dry.
Meet the Maker
A Similar Style
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Our new book, Any Night Grilling, really helps you grill any night.
How to grill the perfect steak, soup to nuts: the 5 best steaks to grill, the 5 rules for cooking them perfectly, and the recipe to make first: Grilled Skirt Steak with Greek Salsa.
A new flank steak recipe for dinner tonight, and a marinade recipe to use for all dinners here on out.