Kombucha Basic Home Brew Kit
+ $ shipping surcharge
Yes, you can ferment that.
Make a fresh batch of tangy kombucha any time you please. Included in the Basic Home Brew Kit are the following tried and true components :
- USDA-certified half gallon glass jar
- 100% organic cotton cover
- Rubber band
- 1 brew's worth of Kombucha Brooklyn's hand-selected blend of fair trade, organic teas
- 1 brew's worth of organic, fair trade cane sugar
- 1 temperature indicator strip
- Kombucha Brooklyn's pristinely propagated Scoby (culture) with liquid starter
- Detailed instructions
Ready, set, scoby!
Photography by James Ransom
Details & Materials -
Care & Notes -
If you don't plan to brew your kombucha right away, refrigeration of the culture is preferable for safe keeping (but not required).
Meet the Maker
Jessica and Eric Childs, the Mom-and-Pop team behind Kombucha Brooklyn, are crazy about probiotics -- between the two of them, they have decades of experience fermenting. Lucky for us, they put their passion to good use. What began as a small enterprise selling 3 flavors of kombucha in 2009 has expanded to a full-flown business, providing everything from kombucha on tap to home brew kits. We're happy to learn from the pros.View Full Profile
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Festive, easy, 11th hour cocktails and a mocktail, too.
The bread that's making a little college town a hot destination
Helpful tips from Beth Sweeney of Coppermill Kitchen
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top Story
So Hot Right Now