Kombucha Basic Home Brew Kit
+ $ shipping surcharge
Yes, you can ferment that.
Make a fresh batch of tangy kombucha any time you please. Included in the Basic Home Brew Kit are the following tried and true components :
- USDA-certified half gallon glass jar
- 100% organic cotton cover
- Rubber band
- 1 brew's worth of Kombucha Brooklyn's hand-selected blend of fair trade, organic teas
- 1 brew's worth of organic, fair trade cane sugar
- 1 temperature indicator strip
- Kombucha Brooklyn's pristinely propagated Scoby (culture) with liquid starter
- Detailed instructions
Ready, set, scoby!
Photography by James Ransom
Details & Materials -
Care & Notes -
If you don't plan to brew your kombucha right away, refrigeration of the culture is preferable for safe keeping (but not required).
Meet the Maker
Jessica and Eric Childs, the Mom-and-Pop team behind Kombucha Brooklyn, are crazy about probiotics -- between the two of them, they have decades of experience fermenting. Lucky for us, they put their passion to good use. What began as a small enterprise selling 3 flavors of kombucha in 2009 has expanded to a full-flown business, providing everything from kombucha on tap to home brew kits. We're happy to learn from the pros.View Full Profile
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Don't drink that cup, cook with it instead.
This recipe video breaks it down.
Shelly from Vegetarian 'Ventures shows us how we can have the delicacy that is mascarpone cheese in 10 minutes, using just 2 ingredients.