Five Two Silicone Straws
We crafted them out of platinum-grade silicone (the best of the best) that’s BPA- and BPS-free—plus, it won’t pick up odors or tastes. Then, we added a couple of extras to make your life easier to the last drop:
- 4 squeegees for speedy cleaning (but the whole shebang is dishwasher-safe, too).
- 4 mini carrying cases so you’ll never have a wet straw in your bag.
A thoughtful alternative to glass, stainless steel, or bamboo, silicone straws are unbreakable and temperature-safe, so they won’t get too hot or cold to the touch. And reducing single-use plastic in general is an important goal (one that’s important to our community!)—there are nearly 7.5 million plastic straws lying around America’s shorelines, according to one estimate. Switching over to our silicone set lets you ditch the disposable plastic versions for good—it’s a small, practical, and doable-for-everyday change.
The whole set (that’s 10 straws and 4 squeegees with carrying cases) comes in a biodegradable, compostable box with 100% post-consumer recycled plastic inner tray. Each one is done up in our signature Five Two palette—10 easy-on-the-eyes colors that let you keep tabs on exactly where your straws end up. Everyone in the family can have their own—they’re safe for kids!—or you can assign some for home and some for work…your call.
Details & Materials +-
Straws, cleaners, and cases are made from BPA- & BPS-free platinum-grade silicone. Outer box is cellulose acetate and compostable at industrial composting sites. It will fully decompose within 4-9 months in biologically highly active soil. It may also be placed in your normal city recycling program. Interior straw tray is made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic and should be recycled through your city recycling program.
Box: 11" L x 6.5" W x 1" H. Straws: 8.5" L x .25" D each. Carrying cases: 3.5" L x 1.5" W x .75" H each. Cleaning squeegees: 14" L each.
Care & Notes +-
Our silicone straws are heat-resistant up to 550°F and a cinch to keep clean. They come with everything you need:
- Each set includes 4 squeegees for quick-and-easy trips to the sink. Simply thread the squeegee through your straw with warm, soapy water, then rinse, and you’re set.
- The whole shebang is also dishwasher-safe—straws, carrying cases, and squeegees alike.
- To store each straw, our trusty carrying cases are on the job. Each case keeps one straw plus one squeegee folded up and ready to go. There’s a notch to hold your squeegee in place, plus a loop that’s just right for hooking onto a keychain.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Photography by Ty Mecham, Rocky Luten
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
It was both easier and harder than we thought.
Budget-minded tips for greener living.
Good for the earth *and* your budget.
Five Two Silicone Straws
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryWhat to Do With Garlic Scapes—Plus, Our Favorite Recipes That Use This Curly Plant
So Hot Right Now
My Family RecipeThree Generations of Fathers, One Timeless Afro-Peruvian Breakfast