Five Two Essential Sauté Pan
Our cookware is the result of decades of kitchen know-how, feedback from thousands of members of our community of home cooks, and countless rounds of testing to get it all right (see: stay-cool, non-slip handles, rivetless interiors, and built-in strainers). All of our pots and pans are oven- and broiler-safe up to 600°F; our tempered glass lids are safe up to 390°F. They’re true workhorses that cover all your bases in a single, cohesive—and absolutely beautiful!—design.
We’ve added tons of features you’ll only find here:
* Fully clad, tri-ply stainless steel construction: Like the rest of the collection, our sauté pan is an ultra-sturdy 3mm thick with a stable base, thanks to two layers of stainless steel plus a highly conductive aluminum core that heats up evenly (no hot spots).
* Handy measuring guides: We added capacity markers to the inside (our saucepan and stock pot have them, too!) so you can do rough measurements, quickly.
* Rivet-free, the way to be: Welded-on handles make for an easy-to-clean interior—no buildup, no gunk—and a seamless, modern look.
* Stay-cool, non-slip handles: A “V” shape at the base lets air circulate, while the textured, stonewashed finish and gentle curvature feel great in-hand.
* Anti-yellowing technology: We treated each piece with color-stable technology, an all-over heat-resistant application that prevents discoloration and keeps your cookware looking brand-new.
* Glass lids...but better: 57% of our community members asked for them—so we made ours in tempered glass. They’re lightweight, tight-fitting, and oven- safe up to 390°F, plus they let you keep an eye on the action without releasing heat and moisture.
Photography by Rocky Luten, Ty Mecham
Details & Materials +-
Ultra-thick 3mm tri-ply stainless steel with aluminum core. Solid-cast stainless handles with stonewashed finish.
4QT Sauté Pan: 10”D x 3”H x 20”L (with handle), Handle: 8.25”, Lid: 10”D x 2”H
Care & Notes +-
Compatible with all cooktops, including induction. Oven and broiler safe to 600°F (Lids are oven- safe up to 390°F).
Both the pan and its glass lid can be tossed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning or hand-washed in warm, soapy water. Let the pieces you’ve cooked with come to room temperature before rinsing—a cold shock can cause hot surfaces to warp.
Here’s how to send your old cookware on its eco-friendly way:
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
How long does it really take to caramelize onions? We've got the photos to prove it.
Gooey, cheesy crowd-pleasers.
Inspired by the Marcella Hazan recipe that once won me a cooking contest.
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top Story55 Impossibly Easy, Slightly Lazy, 100% Reliable Summer Dinner Recipes
So Hot Right Now
Big Little RecipesA 2-Ingredient Marinade for Never-Dry Chicken Breasts
Table for OneA Very Good Beef Bourguignon, Made for One