Self-Heating Ceramic Mug
Keep the heat coming.
A mug that keeps your joe warm as you idle your way through a good book? You bet. This wonder has more than a few tricks up its sleeve, thanks to its very-modern design.
- Sturdy ceramic build: This vessel’s made from shiny ceramic—in a spread of shades, to boot—just like your (former) favorite mug. Oh, and it just so happens to be dishwasher-friendly.
- Magic charging pad: See the sleek base it sits on? It keeps your drink at a just-right 130°F using its stay-hot superpowers (well, electromagnetic technology to be more precise). Plus, bonus: It’s spill resistant.
- Turns off on its own: It’ll shut off automatically if you don’t pick up your mug for an hour—so, no worries about overheating here.
- Phone friendly: That base just so happens to charge up your phone, too (as long as it’s wireless charging–compatible)...just in case you need a little extra battery life between sips.
- Keep-it-hot lid: To top it all off, there’s a handy lid to keep your pick-me-up extra warm. (Yeah...this mug means business.)
Photography by Ty Mecham, James Ransom
Details & Materials +-
Mugs are ceramic
with a metallic bottom
Charging pads are made of anodized aluminum alloy, tempered glass. Max output: Android 15W (max), Apple 7.5W (max). Mug heating 24W (max).
Includes mug, ceramic lid, and charging plate that comes complete with a wire and plug.
Mug is 3.51” in diameter and 4.17” in height with the lid placed on top, holds 12 fl oz
Charging plate is 4.13” in diameter and 0.3" in height.
Care & Notes +-
Dishwasher safe. These mugs have a metallic bottom layer and cannot be used in the microwave.
The heating function is indicated by a red light. Please be mindful of the charging pad's heating function as you get down to your last few sips of joe! If there is not enough liquid in the mug, temperatures may rise as the heat is unable to disperse.
The charging function is indicated by a blue light, and works on devices with wireless charging compatibility. Charging pads should be used with the phone's screen side up to ensure the charging function is activated and not the heating function.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Meet the Maker
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
Plus, the other delights to be had at Scéal Bakery in Dublin.
Our office *may* smell like bacon forever. You're all welcome.
One tiny change that will improve your eggs in many ways
Self-Heating Ceramic Mug
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryOur 26 Coziest Fall Pasta Recipes
So Hot Right Now
Absolute Best TestsThe Absolute Best Way to Cook Chicken Thighs, According to So Many Tests