Five Two Essential Skillets
Our cookware is the result of decades of kitchen know-how, feedback from thousands of members of our community of home cooks, and countless rounds of testing to get it all right (see: stay-cool, non-slip handles, and rivetless interiors). And because we know you need options, we rounded out our collection with skillets in both nonstick and stainless-steel styles. They’re true workhorses that cover your bases in a single, cohesive—and absolutely beautiful!—design.
We’ve added tons of features you’ll only find here:
* Fully clad, tri-ply stainless steel construction: Each design is an ultra-sturdy 3mm thick with a stable base, thanks to two layers of stainless steel plus a highly conductive aluminum core that heats up evenly (no hot spots).
* Rivet-free, the way to be: Welded-on handles make for an easy-to-clean interior—no buildup, no gunk—and a seamless, modern look.
* Stay-cool, non-slip handles: A “V” shape at the base lets air circulate, while the textured, stonewashed finish and gentle curvature feel great in-hand.
* Made with clean, non-toxic materials: Thanks to the diamond-infused ceramic coating—made from sand!—our two ceramic options are non-toxic and will never blister or peel, even at temperatures up to 600°F (unlike traditional nonstick). They’re also metal-utensil safe. Diamond reinforcement adds durability, but also allows for superior browning (it is roughly 4x more conductive than copper).
* Anti-yellowing technology: We treated each piece with color-stable technology, an all-over heat-resistant application that prevents discoloration and keeps your cookware looking brand-new.
* Glass lids...but better: 57% of our community members asked for them—so we made ours in tempered glass. They’re lightweight, tight-fitting, and oven- safe up to 390°F, plus they let you keep an eye on the action without releasing heat and moisture. And yes, that’s a built-in strainer right there on the lip of the stock pot and saucepan.
Photography by Rocky Luten, Ty Mecham
Details & Materials +-
Ultra-thick 3mm tri-ply stainless steel with aluminum core. | Solid-cast stainless handles with stonewashed finish. | Diamond-infused ceramic coating (Toxin-free: no PTFE, PFOA, PFAS, lead, or cadmium used.) | Felt Pan protectors (included with any ceramic.)
10” Ceramic Skillet: 10”D x 1.75”H x 18”L (with handle), Handle: 8. Includes bonus pan protector”; 12” Covered Skillet (Ceramic or Stainless): 12”D x 2”H x 19.75”L (with handle), Handle: 7.75”, Lid: 12”D x 2.5”H. Ceramic option includes bonus pan protector.
Psst! The lid of the 4QT sauté also is also designed to fit the 10” ceramic skillet for added convenience.
The 10” + 12” Ceramic Skillet Set comes with: 10” Ceramic Skillet with Bonus Pan Protector and 12" Covered Ceramic Skillet with Lid and Bonus Pan Protector.
The 10" Ceramic + 12" Covered Stainless Skillet Set comes with: 10" Ceramic Skillet with Bonus Pan Protector and 12" Covered Stainless Skillet with Lid.
Care & Notes +-
Compatible with all cooktops, including induction. Oven and broiler safe to 600°F (Lids are oven-safe up to 390°F).
Each pan, pot, and lid can be tossed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning or hand-washed in warm, soapy water. (While our ceramic pan is dishwasher-safe, we recommend hand-washing to keep it looking its best.) Let the pieces you’ve cooked with come to room temperature before rinsing—a cold shock can cause hot surfaces to warp.
Here’s how to send your old cookware on its eco-friendly way:
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
A Tokyo home cooking lesson.
Starring Ina Garten's skillet-roasted lemon chicken.
There was a grill involved. And an oven. And a stovetop. And a whole lot of butter.
Five Two Essential Skillets
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryDrinking Chocolate Is Chocolate You Can Drink! Let's Make Some.
So Hot Right Now
The Kitchen ScientistDo You Really Need to Wash Rice? Nik Sharma Has Thoughts.
Genius RecipesScrambled Shakshuka Is Almost Impossible to Mess Up