Food52 Marble Butter Keeper
Spread the word.
Ready to get the butter-keeping going? We've got a few tips for ya.
- Start by adding a bit of water to the bottom of the keeper—the water should touch the top of your butter when you put the lid on.
- Add enough room-temperature butter to the top so that it is full, but not overflowing (about 3/4 to 1 stick of butter should do).
- Don't forget to change the water in your keeper every 2 to 3 days. That way, your golden goodness can stay fresh-as-can-be at room temp for about a week.
- If your butter begins to soften too much, don’t fret! Just pop it in the fridge until it’s that just-right texture.
Details & Materials +-
Marble, metal, wood, glass, ceramic, cane, bamboo, resin.
- Holds an entire stick of butter.
- 3.5" L x 3.5" W x 4" H (17oz base and 5oz top).
Care & Notes +-
Wash with mild dish detergent and warm water. Not dishwasher safe.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Photography by Julia Gartland, Veronica Olson
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
And now we can make them at home.
From pantry to present in no time at all.
33 Genius Recipes—along with (mostly) handy gifting ideas and intel.