Simplex Buckingham No 1 by Newey & Bloomer Copper Rapid Boil Tea Kettle
A bright spot in your day.
- All Simplex Kettles by Newey & Bloomer are 100% lead-free.
- 100% Solid copper body.
- Highly polished, natural copper exterior.
- Newey & Bloomer signature spout with centre seam, birds mouth spout, designed to give a perfect, even pour..
- Whistles through the lid when water reaches boiling point..
- "Stay cool" hand turned solid beechwood handle.
- Handmade in England by master copper artisans.
- Traditional, authentic design that has been loved across the globe for generations.
- Suitable for Gas stoves..
Details & Materials +-
- Manufactured in England with a 100% solid copper kettle body.
- Solid brass embellishments (nuts and handle brackets).
- 100% tin lined interior.
- Hand turned, beechwood handle.
- 1.75-qt. capacity.
- 8" diam., 10" high.
- 2 lb., 8 oz.
Care & Notes +-
- Keep water level just below the centre seam.
- Hand wash only and dry with a soft cloth.
- Clean copper kettles with a good copper cleaner such as Brasso or Hagerty metal polish. Remember to polish the compound well, and do not allow it to build up around the coil and the coil cover.
*Use filtered water, particularly in hard water areas.
- Empty any left over water after boiling and wipe the inside dry to prevent calcium (limescale) build up.
Copper is an exceptional material in the kitchen and, when maintained properly, should give you many years of service.
Have the flame so high that it engulfs the coil and run up the side of the kettle.
- Leave water in the kettle overnight.
- Put your kettle in a dishwasher.
- Let the Simplex tea kettle boil dry.
- Clean with any acidic cleaning agents.
- Scrub with steel wool or abrasive cleaning cloths/brushes or pads as this can lead to irreparable damage.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Photography by Ty Mecham
Meet the Maker
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryHow to Make Macaroni & Cheese Without a Recipe
So Hot Right Now
Absolute Best TestsThe Absolute Best Way to Cook Potatoes, According to So Many Tests