This week, we turn a gimlet eye on bourbon! As you already know, we love cooking with it almost as much as we love drinking it (neat, on the rocks, with a little water or a splash of soda.) We even love it gussied up like the true Southern belle it is. With its toffee, smoky and occasionally spicy notes, bourbon’s the perfect tonic for winter doldrums.
2. Wentworth Pewter Flask (Kaufmann Mercantile)
The sophisticated way to keep your bourbon close at hand.
3. Direction 9 oz. Double Old-Fashioned Glass (Crate&Barrel)
A good whiskey tumbler should have a heavy base but thin walls to show off the spirit’s color.
4. Skybar Whiskey Chill Cubes (Williams-Sonoma)
Chilled, these stainless cubes keep your bourbon cold without diluting it.
5. King Cube Ice Tray (Sur La Table)
However, if you like your bourbon diluted, these 2-inch cubes melt slowly and deliver the right amount of water.
6. Hudson Baby Bourbon Whiskey (DrinkUpNY)
This bourbon has been Amanda’s trusty companion, powering her through late nights of emailing.
8. Whiskey Stones (Amazon)
If ice cubes made of stainless aren’t your bag, how about some made from soapstone?
9. Rocking Whiskey Glass (The Afternoon)
A set of four thick-walled glasses that sit upright or at an angle.