When you think of a weeknight meal, tuna burgers and and a miso cabbage salad may not be what comes to mind. However, we think that's exactly the reason it should be your dinner tonight. These dishes combine to make a meal full of bright, zippy flavors that will leave you perfectly satisfied on a Monday (or any) night.
A knob of fresh ginger
1 1/2 pounds sushi-grade ahi tuna
1 English cucumber
1 box broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
6 brioche rolls
2 tablespoons prepared wasabi
6 tablespoons finely chopped pickled ginger
Rice wine vinegar
Toasted sesame oil
3/4 pound cabbage
Black sesame seeds
We're assuming that you already have eggs, grapeseed (or other neutral) oil, mayonnaise, garlic, and soy sauce on hand. If not, you'll be needing those things, too!
1. Chop the tuna, mince the ginger, and slice the scallions, then mix them all together with the egg. Season with salt and pepper and form into 6 loose patties. Cover and refrigerate them for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, finely slice the cabbage and carrots for the salad. Mix up the salad dressing and the spicy, gingery mayonnaise for the burgers while you're at it.
3. Sear off the tuna burgers in a large, nonstick pan.
4. Almost there! Toss the cabbage, carrots and sesame seeds together with the dressing.
5. Plate burgers next to a generous pile of crunchy cabbage slaw, and serve!
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.