Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: It's time to tackle the Thanksgiving turkey.
There's a lot of fear and anxiety surrounding the bird that occupies the center of the Thanksgiving table. How big does it need to be? Will it be too dry? Too raw? Dry brine or wet brine? If you've been assigned to turkey duty for the first time this year (or need a refresher), we've gathered the best links to bring you a foolproof turkey tutorial. This way, you'll spend less time worrying and more time gobbling (pun 100% intended) up your delicious masterpiece.
- A comprehensive guide to roasted turkey. (Epicurious.) But if you want to live on the edge, try deep frying it. (Food52.)
- Avoid these common mistakes when preparing your turkey and you'll be all set. (Bon Appétit.)
- Adam Rapoport doesn't want you to be a hero on Thanksgiving, which means skipping the wet brine in favor of dry. (Food52.)
- Congratulations! You've successfully cooked the turkey. Now you have to carve it. (Serious Eats.)
- Don't forget the all-too-important turkey leftovers. Here's how to ensure you'll have enough for a late-night sandwich. (The Kitchn.)
What do you want to read about next? Tell us in the comments!