A question about a recipe: Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip

012511f_302

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip" from singing_baker. How long will this last, I made it Saturday and have it stored in airtight container in refridge? I was hoping to use it Friday night.

asked by Slavelle over 2 years ago

It'll probably be OK, though pushing it. I would have frozen it before baking it, and then put it in the oven on Saturday. You may still be able to do so, then just thaw and reheat, though it may affect the texture somewhat.

Buddhacat

This is a wonderful recipe. My recommendation is to put it in the freezer now. Defrost it on Saturday and when you reheat it add more olive oil. Be sure to bake until it is bubbling.

Thanks for your feedback. I served it on Saturday and it was a big hit! I was hoping to use the leftovers on Friday. I think I might just make a new batch!

Junechamp

I'd use the leftovers for midweek lunches. sounds like it would make a great sandwich with some whole grain bread and crispy lettuce. Then make a fresh batch for Friday. ;)

Buddhacat

Slavelle, another thing I often do is make the components a day ahead and store them seperately in the fridge. The day I am serving put the components in the food processor and bake. It really is an amazingly good recipe, isn't it?

It is so good! Great tip, thanks.

Scan0004

Without any additional ingredients, homemade hummus that I made for the post-Thanksgiving weekend still tasted and to all appearances was the same when I ate the last of it today. The other steps in this recipe would affect it's keeping properties.

Scan0004

If you're making it again, here's what singingbaker says (in the comments with the recipe): singing_baker added 5 months ago

I think it would work best if you froze after step two, then thaw, then continue with steps 3 and 4. I think if you freeze the pureed mixture it may change the texture. Hope that helps!