🔔
🔎

What is the best way to make hard boiled eggs.

asked by Char,Skidmore almost 3 years ago
Adg_specialists_pictures_215
gt9

http://simplyrecipes.com...

Bigpan

Depending on age of egg, size of egg, bring to boil then simmer for appropriate length of time (15 minutes should do it) then put into a cold water bath until you do not feel any warmth - that prevents the gray ring from forming around the yolk.

Buddhacat

I use Martha Stewart's method and it is no fail and the eggs never crack and the yolk is always perfect, never too hard and never, ever off-color. Directions

Place eggs in a deep saucepan; cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 14 minutes. Transfer to cold water; let cool completely.

I'm not Martha Stewart but my method is similar, except that I bring the water up to just before a boil (a rolling boil is bad) and let them sit off heat for 18 minutes and then they get the cold water bath. Rolling them on the counter before cracking them helps a little too. Eggs are among my very favorite things to cook so I don't mistreat them. Looking forward to goose eggs come March.